Our Blueberry U-pick opens late July. We grow highbush blueberries, also called Giant Blueberries, on 14 acres of fields at Les Petits Fruits de Pré-d’en-Haut.
Our Highbush blueberries are in season for 6 to 8 weeks, with crops available from the end of July to October.
At our U-Pick you can enjoy the experience of picking your own highbush blueberries or buy them already picked fresh each day at our popular fruit stand, located onsite.
Please note that in the event of rain, the field will be closed.
For up-to-date information please call us at 506.758.0987 or visit us on Facebook
All of our products are available during berry season at the fruit stand located at our U-Pick and at the Dieppe Market.
Highbush blueberries are easy to pick. In comparison to wild blueberries that are grown low on the ground, the Giant blueberries grow on bushes that can easily reach 6 feet high. Highbush blueberries are much bigger than the wild lowbush varieties and individual berries can be as large as the size of a twenty-five cent coin.
How to pick highbush blueberries
- Look for the powdery dark blue clusters of blueberries in the branches.
- Hold the branch with one hand and carefully, with your other hand, roll the berries gently off with your fingertips.
- Don’t pick the green or red berries as they still need to ripen.
- Place your fresh picked berries out of direct sunlight. This will help keep them fresh.
- Refrigerate your blueberries when you arrive home.
Welcome to everybody and enjoy your berry picking!