https://lespetitsfruits.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Recipe-Squash-Butternut.jpg 500 500 admin https://lespetitsfruits.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/PFP-Logo-ENG-300x88.png admin2017-04-02 00:25:362017-04-17 02:50:51Butternut Squash Soup
Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 lb (1 kg) Butternut Squash peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp (15mL) olive oil
- 1 tsp (4mL) Salt
- 1 large onion
- 3 tbsp (45mL) butter or olive oil
- 3-4 cups (750 mL - 1L ) poultry broth
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh ginger peeled and finely chopped
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a chef's knife and a cutting board, cut squash in half lengthwise.
- Brush both squash halves with 15 mL (1 tbsp.) olive oil.
- Sprinkle with half the salt.
- Place both halves on baking sheet, flesh-side down, and bake for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Let cool for 10 minutes. Use a spoon to scoop out stringy part and seeds and set aside.
- Fry onion in butter or olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add squash flesh, 750 mL (3 cups) poultry broth, the ginger, and remaining salt.
- Bring to a boil and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Purée soup in a blender. Season well with pepper, taste, and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Add a little broth if necessary.
- Serve the hot soup in shallow bowl with chosen toppings.