https://lespetitsfruits.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Recipe-Squash-Butternut.jpg 500 500 admin https://lespetitsfruits.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/PFP-Logo-ENG-300x88.png admin2017-04-14 17:29:332017-04-17 02:53:43Squash and Ginger Soup
Squash and Ginger Soup
- 2 large Butternut Squash peeled and cubed
- 2 onions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 tbsp ginger chopped
- 1 cup white wine or apple cider
- 1 tsp clove ground
- 1 tsp cinnamon ground
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 litres vegetable stock or water
- 1 litre whipping cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook onion, garlic and ginger in butter over medium low heat until softened and beginning to turn golden brown.
- Add squash, cinnamon and cloves and stir. Deglaze with white wine and reduce until almost all liquid has evaporated.
- Add stock to just cover squash and simmer until squash is tender. Add cream and bring back to simmer.
- Working in batches, puree in a blender until smooth. Add more cream for a smoother consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Chef Jeremy Gillmore, Sobeys Elmwood Drive, Moncton NB