https://lespetitsfruits.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Recipe-GroundCherries.jpg 500 500 admin https://lespetitsfruits.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/PFP-Logo-ENG-300x88.png admin2017-04-14 00:32:142017-04-17 02:33:10Ground Cherry and Chamomile Jam
Ground Cherry and Chamomile Jam
- 6 cups Ground Cherries husked and washed
- 3 cups Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups wildflower honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 cups chamomile tea
- Combine sugar, honey, water and lemon juice in a large heavy sauce pan and bring to a boil. Add ground cherries and simmer for about 5 minutes or until most cherries have burst open. Remove from heat and mash with a large spoon to ensure fruit is broken up.
- Transfer to a large bowl and cover with a parchment paper (don’t let the paper touch the fruit). Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Take two cups of fruit mixture and strain through a fine mesh strainer, using a spoon as needed to push as much liquid through as possible. Transfer strained liquid along with the unstrained fruit mixture back to the saucepan and return to a boil. Add chamomile infusion, simmer until proper consistency and can.
Makes 4-5 small jars