Raspberries are very delicate berries. These small berries are enjoyed fresh and are also a well-loved favourite for jams and baked delights.
This delicious berry is very high in dietary fibre and high in Vitamin C. It not only tastes good but also is good for you! Raspberries are a source of folacin and are sodium-free.
Look for firm, well-shaped, plump berries.
How to store raspberries
- Arrange unwashed on a paper towel in a shallow pan.
- Loosely cover, refrigerate unwashed for up to two days.
How to freeze raspberries
- Do not wash raspberries before freezing them.
- Pack the berries into freezer bags and store in the freezer for up to one year.
How to prepare raspberries
- Gently rinse and pat dry.
- Enjoy raw or topped with cream, ice cream or baked in a dessert.