https://lespetitsfruits.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Recipe-Berries-Gooseberries.jpg 500 500 admin https://lespetitsfruits.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/PFP-Logo-ENG-300x88.png admin2017-04-13 00:24:292017-04-17 02:13:54Gooseberry Crunch
- 1 cup (250 mL) All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter softened
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cinnamon
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 1 cup (250 mL) Sugar
- 2 tbsp (60 mL) cornstarch
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 4 cups gooseberries
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a bowl, combine 1 cup each of flour and brown sugar, 3/4 cup rolled oats, 1/2 cup softened butter and 1 tsp cinnamon, mix until crumbly.
- Press half of the crumb mixture into a 9-inch buttered pan. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine 1 cup each of water and sugar, 2 tbsp cornstarch and 1 tsp vanilla.
- Bring to a boil, add 4 cups fresh gooseberries and cool until thick.
- Pour gooseberry filling over the pressed crumb in the pan, and top with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes. Cool.
- Cut into squares, when cooled. Serve with your favourite topping of whipped cream, maple syrup, ice cream or all three!