Our Strawberry U-Pick opens in early July. Strawberries are our first berries of the season!
The strawberry grows close to the ground on the stem in groups of three. The greenish white fruits turn to a rich red colour when they ripen.
At our U-Pick you can enjoy the experience of picking your own strawberries or buy them already picked fresh each day at our popular fruit stand, located onsite.
Please note that in the event of rain, the field will be closed.
For up-to-date information please call us at 506.758.0987 or visit us on Facebook
All of our products are available during berry season at the fruit stand located at our U-Pick and at the Dieppe Market.
How to pick strawberries
- Look for firm, plump berries that are fully red with bright green caps. Strawberries do not ripen once picked.
- Grasp the stem just above the berry between the forefinger and the thumbnail and pull with a slight twisting motion.
- With the stem broken about one-half inch from the berry, allow it to roll into the palm of your hand.
- Place your fresh picked berries out of direct sunlight. This will help keep them fresh.
- Refrigerate your strawberries when you arrive home.
Welcome to everybody and enjoy your berry picking!