https://lespetitsfruits.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Recipe-GroundCherries.jpg 500 500 admin https://lespetitsfruits.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/PFP-Logo-ENG-300x88.png admin2017-04-13 01:23:332017-04-17 02:30:39Ground Cherry and Acorn Squash Soup
Ground Cherry and Acorn Squash Soup
- 1 lb Acorn squash
- 1/2 cup Ground Cherries dehusked
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 - 1 cup red torpedo onion small dice
- 2 tbsp cold-pressed sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Acorn Squash: Preheat oven to 400°F. Split the squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Place on a foiled line baking sheet and bake for about 40 minutes to 1 hour until the flesh is soft and can be scooped out. Measure out 1 cup squash.
- Ground Cherry stock: Combine the ground cherries, water and 1/4 tsp salt in a small pot. Cover with a lid and simmer about 15 minutes. Work through a fine mesh strainer.
- Caramelized onion: In a small pot, sweat the onion with 1/4 tsp salt and sunflower oil for about 15 minutes or until soft and dark red.
- To finish: In a blender, combine the 1 cup squash, ground cherry stock and caramelized onions and blend until smooth. Add maple syrup and salt to taste. You can also blend in additional squash or add liquid to adjust the flavour as needed.
An aromatic squash soup for early fall…