https://lespetitsfruits.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Recipe-Berries-Strawberry2.jpg 500 500 admin https://lespetitsfruits.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/PFP-Logo-ENG-300x88.png admin2017-04-01 23:15:312017-04-17 02:25:19Strawberry Cream Pie
Strawberry Cream Pie
- 1 1/4 cups (300mL) graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup (60mL) melted unsalted butter or margarine
- 3 tbsp (45mL) custard powder
- 3 tbsp (45mL) Sugar
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) Milk
- 75 g dark chocolate
- 1 carton (454g) fresh strawberries halved
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) apricot jam or apple jelly melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine Graham crumbs and butter in a bowl. Press mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch (23 cm) pie plate.
- Bake in the oven for 7 or 8 minutes, until crust is crispy. Reserve.
- Mix custard powder and sugar in a large saucepan. Over medium-high heat, gradually whisk in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Once the mixture has thickened, remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Melt dark chocolate and brush over the entire crust. Allow chocolate to set.
- Once the custard has cooled, pour into crust.
- Cover generously with halved strawberries and then brush fruit with jam or jelly. Decorate with fresh mint leaves and serve.