https://lespetitsfruits.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Recipe-Squash-Butternut.jpg 500 500 admin https://lespetitsfruits.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/PFP-Logo-ENG-300x88.png admin2017-04-14 17:07:042017-04-17 02:57:45Squash Cake
- 1 500g hubbard squash or pie pumpkin peeled and grated
- 2 1/2 cups (300g) self rising flour
- 2 1/2 cups (300g) brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup (150g) raisins
- 4 Eggs beaten
- 1 cup (200g) butter melted
- 1 package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup icing sugar
- Heat oven to 350F. Line a 30 x 20 cm pan with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, sugar, spices and raisins and stir.
- Mix egg and butter and stir into dry mixture. Add grated squash and stir.
- Pour into pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- For the frosting, beat package of cream cheese with 1/2 cup of softened butter and 1 cup of icing sugar.
Chef Jeremy Gillmore, Sobeys Elmwood Drive, Moncton NB