https://lespetitsfruits.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Images-Recipe-Pumpkin.jpg 500 500 admin https://lespetitsfruits.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/PFP-Logo-ENG-300x88.png admin2017-04-14 17:42:282017-04-14 17:43:41Creamy Pumpkin Risotto
Creamy Pumpkin Risotto
- 1 pie pumpkin (2 pounds) roasted and pureed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots chopped
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 cup white wine or apple cider
- 3 to 4 cups chicken stock, or vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 4 tbsp mascarpone cheese, or cream cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook shallots in olive oil over medium low heat until translucent.
- Add rice to pan and stir to coat in oil, continue to toast rice for 2 to 4 minutes. Pour wine to cover rice and cook until all liquid has evaporated.
- Add 1 cup of stock and cook until almost all liquid has evaporated, stirring GENTLY, occasionally. Add another cup of stock and repeat..., until rice is tender but still firm (al dente).
- Add 1/2 to 3/4 cup pumpkin puree, thyme, cheese and butter and stir to finish.
Chef Jeremy Gillmore, Sobeys Elmwood Drive