https://lespetitsfruits.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Recipe-BSprouts.jpg 500 500 admin https://lespetitsfruits.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/PFP-Logo-ENG-300x88.png admin2017-04-14 01:24:222017-04-17 02:42:34Shaved Brussels Sprouts with Whole Grain Mustard Sauce
Shaved Brussels Sprouts with Whole Grain Mustard Sauce
- 1 cup vegan mayo
- 4 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tsp garlic minced
- Trim stems of Brussels sprouts, remove 2 or 3 outer leaves.
- To make the sauce, whisk together the vegan mayo, mustard, 2 tablespoons water, 1 tsp of the salt and 1 teaspoon of the pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Run the Brussels sprouts through the slicer blade of a food processor or carefully shave on a mandolin.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over high heat. Just as the oil starts to ripple, add the garlic and the shaved Brussels sprouts. Sear for 30 seconds, then stir to prevent the garlic from burning. Add the remaining half teaspoon of salt and half teaspoon of pepper, then allow the Brussels sprouts to sear for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally so they brown evenly.
- Transfer the Brussels sprouts to a serving dish, drizzle the mustard sauce on top, and serve.