https://lespetitsfruits.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Recipe-BSprouts.jpg 500 500 admin https://lespetitsfruits.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/PFP-Logo-ENG-300x88.png admin2017-04-14 01:11:512017-04-17 02:39:44Cream of Brussels Sprouts Soup
Cream of Brussels Sprouts Soup
- 1 to 2 tbsp butter or 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 medium leek
- 3 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup heavy cream can use 1/2 cup coconut milk or any non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice optional
- shredded brussels sprouts and pepper to garnish
- Trim stems from Brussels sprouts. Roughly chop the sprouts and set aside. Trim and roughly chop the celery; peel and chop the leek.
- Heat the butter in a small pot over medium-high heat. Once it melts, add the celery and leek. Sprinkle lightly with salt and cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the Brussels sprouts turn a brighter shade of green, about 2 minutes. Add the broth and bring everything to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a steady simmer, cover partially and cook until the Brussels sprouts are completely and utterly tender, about 10 minutes.
- Use a hand-held immersion blender to completely purée the soup.