https://lespetitsfruits.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Recipe-Squash-Pumpkin-Combo.jpg 500 500 admin https://lespetitsfruits.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/PFP-Logo-ENG-300x88.png admin2017-04-02 00:22:492017-04-17 03:09:12Pumpkin, Squash and Root Vegetables au Gratin
Pumpkin, Squash and Root Vegetables au Gratin
- 1 pat butter
- 2 cups (500mL) pumpkin peeled and finely sliced
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) Parsnip peeled and finely sliced
- 3 shallots
- nutmeg freshly ground, to taste
- 1 cup (250mL) light cream
- 2 cups (500mL) strong cheddar or other strong cheese grated
- 1 1/4 cups (310mL) Butternut Squash peeled, finely sliced
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) celeriac peeled and finely sliced
- salt and freshly ground pepper To taste
- Preheat oven 400°F (200°C)
- Butter a 9 in (23 cm) gratin platter and layer slices of pumpkin and parsnip. Season, sprinkle with half the shallots and nutmeg; pour on half the cream and sprinkle with half the cheese.
- Layer slices of squash and celeriac. Season and add the rest of the shallots, a little nutmeg and the rest of the cream and cheese.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and continue baking for 10 to 15 more minutes or until the vegetables are well cooked. To brown the top, broil for a few minutes.