https://lespetitsfruits.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Recipe-Squash-Butternut.jpg 500 500 admin https://lespetitsfruits.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/PFP-Logo-ENG-300x88.png admin2017-04-02 00:27:522017-04-17 03:01:22Squash Muffins
- 1 Butternut Squash peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 Acorn squash peeled and cut in pieces
- 3 1/2 cups (875 ml) oat flakes
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) whole wheat flour
- 2 cups (500mL) brown sugar
- 4 tsp (20mL) Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 ml) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) nutmeg
- 3 Eggs
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) olive oil
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) Milk
- zest of an orange
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1/4 tsp (2 ml) ground ginger
- 3 cups (750 ml) grated carrots
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a saucepan, cook squash until tender. Drain and purée in a blender. Put aside.
- In a bowl, combine oat flakes, whole wheat flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and nutmeg. Put aside.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs. Add 3 cups (750 ml) mashed squash, oil, milk, orange peel, vanilla and ginger.
- Add the carrots and the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into oiled muffin pans and bake for about 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted inside comes out clean.
- Let cool before removing from pan.